Friday 29 July 2011

New intern at HKDCS

Hi all,



My name is Paul, i am a new intern from July and i wanted to share my little experience in this blog for the past 4 weeks.



I am glad that i had a chance in being part of the team and working as intern for HKDCS. The remarkable experience for the last 4 weeks puts me in a position where i started to involve in observation work, data calculation and organizing event. Alot has been happening throughtout the month of July and personally i learned alot and had experience different position with different duty at different time. Most of the work was new to me for insist it ranges from: a series of long term observation and monitoring work to calculating primary data and process them into a more representable form and more.



I particularly want to mention about Diving Expo. During that time, i had a feeling that i am so tiny in this world. From the moment i standing next to the skeleton of a Baleen whale i was tiny compare to the size of its head. When people ask me regarding this outstanding skeleton of a whale, i felt empty inside me because i could not tell much information about the whale rather keep repeating myself with the information i heard from others. I felt totally lack in details about this creature and i couldn't tell them more. I was limited with my knowledge at that moment and this has encouraged me that I should be able to answer them in full explanation as well as educate them through my understanding in this area of study.



Thank you team for answering my question and explaining it to me.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear that you and the others are enjoying the life in HKDCS. Yes, we had a busy July, and that means you had many chances to experience a lot of different things. Work hard and let's look forward to the busy August!

    Vincent

    ReplyDelete