Sunday 31 July 2011

HKDCS@Hong Kong Book Fair 2011

HKDCS and SHKNE had held a booth in the Hong Kong Book Fair 2011 during 20/7 to 26/7. It was an interesting experience to me. It was my first time visiting Hong Kong Book Fair, I acted not only simply a visitor but also an exhibito and I passed my birthday there on the first day of the book fair. I never went to the book fair because I thought that the book fair must be crowded with people and boring. In fact, it really crowded with so many visitors but it's interesting because there are many types of books. I bought several books and I hope I can finishing reading them this summer.

The HK Book Fair provided me another chance to face the public. Different from the DRT Expo, it was not just introducing some conservation issues to the public, but in main focus, selling books to the visitors. (Of course the reason behind selling these books is also to promote environemtnal conservation to the public.) I was not only simply a visitor but I was also a salesperson. It was my first time to be a salesperson so I didn't know how to get start selling books to the visitors. I observed other salespersons like Vincent and Nekky and practiced so that I became more comfortable and initiative to talk to the visitors. The feeling of success when the visitors decided to buy books after I convinced them was so great. I knew my book selling skill was not good enough and I was not initiative enough. But I thought I had made improvement compared to DRT Expo. And I saw the importance of initiative from two top salesperson of our booth, Mr. Lau and Perry. I really need to learn from them.

Although being an exhibitor in the book fair was quite exhausting, I still enjoyed it. And I felt upset when it came to the end of the book fair. I would like to thanks everyone participating in our booth at the book fair for giving me such a great experience.


SHKNE's booth@Hong Kong Book Fair 2011












Top salesperson, Mr. Lau and his audiences.












Visitors were voicing out their concern by leaving their comments on our big banner.












Group Photo: Thank you all! I really enjoy to this week!











There are two weeks left for my intern. The coming week will be an exciting week because we will be full of manpower so that we will be divided into two team work on boat survey and land-based theodolite tracking. And we will have the boat survey in China Zhuhai on the last week. I am looking forward to sharing with you my feeling and experience in the coming two weeks! See you!


1 comment:

  1. Yes, the Book Fair is very great experience for us every year, and an important event to deliver environmental conservation message to the public (now you are able to spread the message out to your family and friends). Luckily, we also had DRT expo and APM show this summer. Great job everyone, go on and learn more together in the second half of your internship!

    Vincent

    ReplyDelete