Sunday 10 August 2014

It's not the end!

Time really flies and here it is, the completion of my summer internship with HKDCS. It seems that luck is on my side as my last land and boat surveys were both days that weather might have been an issue, but it turned out to be both good days with dolphin sightings! I saw CH34 aka Ropey aka 大麻绳! If you don't already know the story of this dolphin please have a read of the article that Taison wrote (http://3rwdolphin-eng.weebly.com/30-dolphin-victim-stories/ropey) !

It has been an amazing time with wonderful people and I only wish I had more time with everyone and the dolphins. I want to thank Samuel for giving me this amazing opportunity as well as the rest of the staff interns for everything I have learnt. Everyone brings their own unique character to the HKDCS / HKCRP family. Perry asked me recently if I am worried that if I come back in the future to Hong Kong that the current staff will not be there anymore. And indeed I would be sad if I came back and the staff I know aren't there anymore. Though its only been a little more than 2 months, I feel like we've spent so many good times with each other. It's been an honour to work with a group of people that are so passionate about their job; everyone's' spirit and determination is inspirational. Below is a picture of most of us (missing Natalie :'( ), but hopefully I can replace it with a photo where all of us are present.



I never like saying goodbye's but there is a quote that I always refer to in these situations.  "Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean that I'll miss you, until we meet again." - Unknown Author

So until next time. Peace out.
Tiana




No comments:

Post a Comment