Friday 9 July 2010

My intership is coming to an end

I am finishing my internship with a session of land-based observation in Tai O tomorrow. It has been a great pleasure working with everyone at HKDCS/HKCRP and I thank them for their support in the past two months. I am also grateful for their friendship, without which it would not have been possible for them to tolerate my millions of questions (sorry can't help it - I love questions!). I would like to give a special shout-out to Samuel, who has been so supportive of my work in the internship programme as well as my dissertation work. Thank you very much!

In this internship, I have learnt a lot about cetaceans and local conservation work on them. I am glad to have been introduced to the wild dolphins and porpoises in a scientific way, and it definitely helped me better understand how these animals can be studied in the field. I hope everyone will do their part, however seemingly insignificant, to protect these magnificant creatures and the environment which we all live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment